Thursday, July 9, 2009

Client innards

I've been working on the client recently, to try to build little pop-up windows that contain useful information, for example what you're wearing, your inventory, or your stats. The basic guts of this are working, and other than the buttons being ugly it seems pretty useful.

One big problem I have yet to deal with is automatic update of the data in the windows. It's neat having the info there and all, but if it automatically updated when things changed, it would be WAY more useful. I'll have to do a bit of server side work for that to work properly.

With any luck, I'll be able to get a new client release out in the next few days, or at the very least a test build for people to experiment with. I think this will be an excellent addition to the client, and it opens up a lot of possibilities to do other things as well.

No comments: