Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Web Page Updates

Yesterday, I spent far too much time working on changes to the Alter Aeon web site. I spent some time hacking down the menu so that there were fewer items that are better organized; I also managed to switch over the layout to a more standard looking block based design. Along with this came a number of other minor updates and improvements.

It never ceases to amaze me that you can work on a web site, get to the point where you've done the best you can, then come back a month later and improve it even more. For me, it's like my creativity is tapped out - I have to take a break to let new ideas percolate in. I think part of it might also be that I have to get used to a new design or layout before I can compare it against something else.

Regardless, of the half dozen or so people I asked, their opinions were an almost universal 'much better' for the new version. Here's to hoping that this 'much better' translates into a higher conversion into newbies!

For a look at the new layout, here's a link to the Alter Aeon Web Site.

No comments: