Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merging merging merging...

Keep them dawgies mergin!

Over the last couple of days, I've been trying to get stuff merged in from one of the other coders, as well as fixing up various issues and trying to get some things caught up. While doing this, I'm starting to get a better idea of what I really can and cannot do in a certain period of time.

One thing I should probably do is set aside just one day per week that is going to be dedicated to doing nothing but implementing one single feature. I can actually get quite a bit done in a 3 hour or 5 hour block, and with another 3 to 5 hours to clean things up, it can be booted into the game and functional. But in order to get this time, I need to ignore things like minor bug fixes and all the crap detail work that so easily can bog one down. Not that detail work isn't important, but sometimes big new features are important too.

In other news, I got a freaking pile of directions and 'blind maps' from one of my blind users. The only problem is that there's so much of it, it's going to need a database just to make it all accessible.

No comments: