Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Propaganda

I've been reading SEO stuff off and on for a few months and I've been trying to incorporate various principles into the AA pages as I run across them and understand them. Recently, I got a guide with a whole bunch of short tips in it, and I've been going through it (very slowly.) This week's tip was deep linking.

So tonight, I spent several hours submitting various AA pages for deep linking to other web sites. This was mostly the glossary and article index, but I learned something very unexpected from this adventure: trying to get sub-pages linked with indexes means that I have to make the sub-pages useful to said indexes.

In short, by doing this, I'm improving the web page content in the most meaningful possible way: I'm making it more useful to external parties. In retrospect it's obvious. But it's something I could have missed for a very long time if I hadn't bothered to try it out.

No comments: